LeafTech is proud to release our COVID-19 Response Policy publicly. As businesses open back up and outbreaks increase, LeafTech will continue to be an advocate for safety.
LeafTech Consulting’s COVID-19 Response Policy
As the world adjusts to the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak and pandemic, LeafTech Consulting responds to keep our employees, clients, and their loved ones safe. Our essential business must continue during challenging times, and our commitment to the standards in this document will ensure our effect is positive.
All LeafTech employees are required to follow the best practices outlined here and use critical thinking to make choices that promote safety in all situations.
Social distancing, also called “physical distancing,” means keeping space between yourself and other people outside of your home. LeafTech expects all members of our organization to practice social distancing to the best of your ability when conducting LeafTech business.
General Social Distancing Guidelines
Stay at least six feet (about two arm’s length) from other people. Do not gather in groups. Limit close contact with others in indoor and outdoor spaces. Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings. Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when applicable.
Work from Home and Flexible Scheduling
LeafTech encourages all employees to work from home when possible. Our infrastructure is flexible, and all staff can do most work from anywhere with an internet connection. When we are unable to conduct our business remotely, LeafTech has provided all equipment needed to interact with public and shared spaces safely.
LeafTech also happily offers flexible scheduling for our employees and clients. When we must work in a public or shared space, LeafTech is committed to working with our team and clients to offer flexible or after-hours scheduling to prevent contact with others.
If you, or anyone you have had contact with in the last two weeks, start experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please report immediately to your direct superior. If you are ill or exposed to COVID-19, LeafTech has provided sick time to all employees, and flexible and work from home schedules will be available to keep you quarantined.
Public vs. Shared vs. Personal Spaces
There is a difference in the frequency of cleaning, and Personal Protection Equipment required based on the type of space. Be aware of what kind of space you are in and pay attention to the details in other sections based on these different designations.
Public Spaces are areas like stores, lobbies, and any building or area accessible to the general public. Use caution when visiting public spaces and always wear a cloth face covering. You must also wear gloves if you are touching or interacting with objects you cannot thoroughly disinfect first.
Shared Spaces are areas like client offices and the entryway, hallways, break room, and storage rooms of the LeafTech Facilities. These are spaces that a limited group of people uses, but it is not open to the public. A face cloth covering should be worn in these spaces, and cleaning should be frequent when coming and going.
Private Spaces are areas like workrooms and offices used by one person at a time, and usually the same person. These areas can be thoroughly cleaned and house only personal equipment that anyone else will not use. You can remove Personal Protection Equipment in these areas but should thoroughly clean the entire area when you enter and leave the space.
Personal Protection Equipment
The guidelines on Personal Protection Equipment are sourced from CDC recommendations for the general public when in any public setting. Keep in mind that these measures will not protect the individual when exposed. Proper and consistent use of PPE instead limits the spread of the virus to decrease the risk of exposure for others.
LeafTech has provided cloth face coverings to all employees. Cloth face-coverings must be worn in any public or shared space while on LeafTech business. The cloth face-covering should be cleaned daily and stored in a clean Ziplock bag until ready to use. Sanitize or wash your hands directly before putting on the face covering, and you should avoid touching or adjusting the cloth face-covering unless you have freshly cleaned hands.
LeafTech has provided powder-free latex gloves for all staff. Gloves should be worn when on-site for a client, or in any public space on LeafTech business when handling client hardware, or internal LeafTech Hardware that someone else might use (such as laptops and monitors,) and when handling hard to sanitize items like packages.
The procedures in this section are sourced from CDC recommendations for cleaning to specifically kill or remove COVID-19 from office environments and prevent the spread of the virus.
General Cleaning Information
- Wear gloves and a cloth mask while cleaning. When cleaning is complete, dispose of gloves and follow up with hand washing or hand sanitizer when a sink is not immediately available.
- Clean high use objects before and after each use. Examples of this are Public Toilets, Shopping Carts, and Points of Sale Keypads.
- Clean regularly and often.
- Frequently used surfaces in both shared and personal spaces at the office should be disinfected as you enter and leave a space. Examples include Tables, Doorknobs, Light switches, Handles, Desks, Phones, Keyboards.
To Disinfect Hard (Non-Electronic) Surfaces
Examples: Tables, Worksurfaces, Doorknobs, Light Switches, Faucets, Sinks, and Chairs.
- Spray with Soap and water
- Wipe down with a clean paper towel
- Follow up with the provided disinfecting wipes or spray. If you use a spray, dampening a clean paper towel with the spray may be best for specific surfaces.
To Disinfect Electronics
Examples: Computers, Laptops, Keyboards, Tablets, and Phones.
- Follow the Manufacturer’s instructions for safely cleaning each device.
- Be aware that some disinfectants may damage computer components, especially those containing bleach.
To Disinfect Soft Surfaces
Examples: Cloth face-coverings, Chairs, Carpets, and Clothing.
- Items that can be laundered, like your cloth face covering, should be washed and dried on the highest heat settings.
- Items that cannot be laundered should be wiped down with a cloth dampened with soapy water, then followed up with a clean damp cloth.
- Carpets should be vacuumed as usual.
Client Hardware Procedures
Follow these procedures when handling equipment that will be used by another person. All hardware that passes through our hands on its way to somewhere else is our responsibility to disinfect and ensure their safety.
- PPE – A cloth face covering, and gloves should always be worn when interacting with client hardware.
- Client Hardware must be disinfected thoroughly before and after your handling.
- When packing Client Hardware for shipment or delivery, thoroughly disinfect the equipment.
These procedures must be followed when entering a public or shared space on LeafTech business.
- PPE – Wear a cloth face covering and gloves at all times. If others will be in these shared spaces with you and are unmasked, offer them an extra cloth face covering.
- Consider if the space is too crowded to maintain social distancing and request accommodations for your safety and the safety of others.
- Disinfect the areas you work in, before and after, especially high touch objects such as light switches, doorknobs, keyboards.